Saturday, November 06, 2004

The Murky Blur

maybe because i told the nurse who made my pre-op appointment that although i know Cataract Surgery is the most common out-patient surgery and is a snap, a cinch and a breeze i was apprehensive and so she said Well, We Can Give You Something to Calm You Down

and so after dimly hearing the list of Risks ( you might lose your vision entirely and Oh, you might die) they taped my head down and then i expected the cement bags but, No, I was Out Like A Light

when i came to i discovered someone had put a fistful of sharply pointed gravel under my right eye lid / it felt like a word i cannot spell

no one else i talked to about this surgery had a general anesthesia !

my daughter hauled me home where i slept for 24 hours and gave up eating

the good news is i lost a pound

and Oh, i have these groovy Ray Charles dark glasses to wear when i go out









No comments: