Saturday, October 02, 2004

The Eyes Have It

I saw the eye doctor this morning and my eyes were blurry all day

He told me a cataract is the lens we are born with and with age it gets OLD

Some cataracts can be removed and replaced with an artificial lens

Cataract surgery is the most common out-patient medical treatment in the country

It is a simple procedure / yeah sure / but does require some sedation so you dont leap out of the chair

I googled up some alternatives / N-Acetyl Carnosine are drops for "senile cataracts" / put in your eyes several times a day for four months and if they dont work you can get your money back

There is also Ocuzyme which promises the same results

Ayurvedic treatments are a possibility / one therapy is to stare at the sun as it comes up in the morning / possibly every day for the rest of your life

This reminds me of a woman i met when i lived in Rome. She was a Christian Scientist and she was a very elderly lady. I read some Mary Baker Eddy because of her. She told me that she had gone to Capri for a visit and while there sat in the sun and let the sun warm and bathe her eyes and this completely restored her vision. I believed her.

If you are on LSD however, as i recall, staring at the sun is not recommended.



No comments: