Monday, October 04, 2004

Pep Talk

i decided i wanted to do Something Completely Different

something i dont usually do / in fact, something i dont even have an interest in doing

my daughter is going to a Heal the Heart Foundation gathering for a three day camping out and vegetarian meals 3 X a day in California

when she first asked me if i would like to go i said no

then Toe Stub Clarity during a time of indecision / i stubbed my toe so badly stumbling around in the dark on a deliberately uneven rock path created by me that i saw stars and my life flashed before my eyes

i still have a Toe Rag tied around to keep the little rascal warm and hidden from view

yeah, so i decided to go along for the ride / get out of my space / change my pace

i got out my tent / the one i bought for the river trip / i ordered an air mattress and a traveling (battery powered) Water Pik so i can floss my teeth in my tent / i lined up a couple of motels in Watsonville, just in case so i wont miss the third Presidential Debate

sigh / i dont want to go anymore

Pep Talk time to convince myself that my decision to go is an honorable intention / when i visited my best friend in the spring time in northern California it all seemed different / different climate / different geography / i did the same things i always do in slightly altered ways / contrasting versions of the same / it was extraordinarily satisfying

practice putting up the tent / blowing up the air mattress


pep up / perk up / put up or shut up





No comments: