Thursday, December 23, 2004

Inspiration / Influence

Inspiration comes from within / Influence comes from without

one is not more valuable or more important than the other / we can be influenced in ways that inspire our own inner spirit

here are two photo sites that have and still do influence me :

this

and this

(let me know if i got the links wrong / smile)

and so i decided to take my camera EveryWhere with me as they no doubt do

and so yesterday my daughter and i traveled the vast uninhabited wastes of south central Utah to visit my mother in another county / we have been traveling the Moore Road across the San Rafael desert for five years now / it is a 23 mile shortcut between Interstate 70 and state route 10 / it brings us to the small town where my mother is resident of a very fine nursing home

the Moore Road is dirt / sand / gravel / rough / but in the last year has undergone imrovement / no, not paved / thank goodness / but packed down / there was a small turnout and we pulled off to wee wee and there ! wow ! i saw a panel of ancient anazasi rock art on a big square boulder / what a thrill

i whipped out the camera and got a couple of good shots (if i do say so myself) / they are posted

here

i wont know if the links are right unless i publish this so here goes / wish me luck

1 comment:

emdot said...

kat -- tried sending a few email, but they all bounced. please come and join flickr! there are a bunch of dw peeps there and you can upload photos and comment and put notes on them. jeffd, me, beth, stacia, ceridwen, scottr... (mine are here and if you click my contacts you will see many dubbers). would be great to see your photos and comment. you can also see them in slideshows, join groups, etc. anyway, just miss your presense.