Thursday, December 23, 2004

Meanwhile as we crossed the vasty wastes

i told my daughter about the "braingasm" i had the other morning

with drops in my eyes from the eye doc i had come home / walked a bit in the sunshine and then gazed lovingly at my fused glass pieces just out of the kiln

then i "saw" a scythe-like shape across my left field of vision / it was a colourful arc that seemed to be a banner of flags and pennants in kaleidoscopic colours / eyes shut or open / one at a time or both / i continued to see this amazing figment

i wondered if it were something like a little stroke in the old bean

my daughter listens and then asks, Have you got a Living Will ?

er um

at the nursing home we had to update my mother's info on what to do if she stops breathing / you know this is pretty standard these days and absolutely essential to do / so we did

i got a form for me to fill out and so did kaki

so that takes care of that

oh btw / i sat quietly and studied the arc of colour / it was dazzling / pretty soon it went away

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was the first notice of a migraine aura !

today is may 29, 20014