Monday, October 24, 2005

epiphany of the day

a light goes on

i tell my daugher :

ever since i fainted and had all the tests and made out my will and my medical powers of attorney and other directives i have focused so much on "end of life" issues like getting my affairs in order and not leaving a mess for someone else to tidy up that i have not been having any fun with my toys

it's like

oh i am going to die i better clean out a drawer

she laughs

this morning i am firing the kiln

there is the bottom of a canning jar on top of a tangle of copper wire on top of a couple of pieces of clear glass to complete the glass and wire "sandwich" / leftover bracelet pieces decorate the canning jar bottom

and

toasting Really Rustic 'Routons / the spelt baguetts torn up into pieces / doused with a little spanish olive oil / Real Salt and lemon pepper

into the oven

now ~ two activitease that require watching and timing

no time for drawer cleaning

No comments: