Saturday, September 11, 2004

Kathy, Katherine, Kat but Skatie I aint

my given name was Katherine Marie
my childhood name was Kappy
Katherine segued into Kathy by schoolmates
as Kathy i married a Thomas

and so i was for many years

Katherine was a little too formal until i became a Grandma

Katherine was more "grown up"

(i needed a little growing up/ smile)

people who have known me the longest call me Kathy / newer friends call me Katherine / long time friends who call me Kathy but know i prefer Katherine indulge / my son-out-law calls me Katherine

he is a sweetheart

i dont mind being called Toots, Tootsie, Honey, Dearie, Sweetheart, Hey Lady, Yo Mama, Baby Cakes, Babe, or Baby, but please dont call me "skatie"

thank you, darlings, one and all



1 comment:

Stubblejumpers Café said...

Goodness, you are hard to get a long with, Skaterina ... WAIT! Is "Skaterina" permitted?!!

Nah, I'm just joshin' ya ... as I am prone to singing, myself, "Whatever Katie wants, Katie gets ..." and so whatever you prefer to be called is quite all right with me;glad you spoke up to say you don't like the nickname ... even if I think it was coined by a little ash-blonde genius ... ha! who is also named Katherine but far prefers to be called Kate or Katie or Kathy but doesn't know who is being spoken to when she is called Katherine in the doctor's waiting room.

I didn't punch that birth name into the computer with my new email address,either! Darn cable guy ...

xoxo
K-K-K-Katie