Sunday, January 30, 2005

obit

today my daughter began to write her grandmother's obituary / i told her about how she drove cross country, from maryland to los angeles, in 1939 / no mean trick in those days before the interstates

she wrote some good stuff / i gave her what i wrote here / she used most of it / left out mean and nasty / smile

she added (and i love this) "she was a stylin' babe with lots of pizzazz"

then we sat around and told Estelle Stories

my friend from vermont who came out for deep winter knew my mother and this is comforting to have a pal on board / kaki was in hawaii also with a friend who knew my mother / this is a blessing at a time when it is possible to feel very much alone

she loved flowers and birds / she always fed the birds and when her neighbor complained about bird poop on her car because my mother fed the birds / she said well / mean and nasty

smile

No comments: