Friday, February 04, 2005

A Timely Diversion

i have been asked to help choose handles and drawer pulls for a custom armoire built for a friend / she calls / she sez i have ordered 12 different handles and i cant decide and so i thought who do i know that cares
about this sort of thing and of course it is me who cares about stuff like that

i was in a self-pitying mope / the obituary is in the paper / a loving tribute as it should be

but

life growing up with my mother was also Life on Tenterhooks : and so i wrote this :

~2~ on tenterhooks : apprehensive uneasy anxious qualmish worried alarmed concerned nervous

sl : uptight queasy jittery skittish jumpy on edge edgy

on a cliff edge on a tightrope waiting for the ax to fall or for the other shoe to drop or for the bomb to go off

(life growing up with my mother)

~~~~~~~

tenterhooks are bent nails or hooks used on a loom to hold the weaving taut and keep the edges even and the width consistent

1 comment:

Stubblejumpers Café said...

I for one would be interested in reading that obituary. You sharing?

Hope you're doing okay. I'm dreading the day when it is my turn to say goodbye to my mother. Maybe I'll have a smidgin of your equilibrium if I am lucky.